DESIGN RESEARCH METHODOLOGY - PROPOSAL.

DESIGN RESEARCH METHODOLOGY - PROPOSAL.


WEEK 1 - WEEK 4
(13, April 2020 - 04, May 2020)
Angdio Nagarico (0340052)
Design Research Methodology
Proposal.


LECTURES.

Due to COVID- 19, the university has decided to conduct the learning via online or e-learning.

WEEK 1 (13/04/2020)
LECTURE 1
"Introduction"
In our first week of design research methodology, Dr. Noorhayati Saad and Dr. Yip Jinchi briefed us about the module and also walk us through where we can find all the learning materials that they have already prepared for us for the next meetings, they have also explained to us about the specialization that we are going to choose later on.

 



WEEK 2 (20/04/2020)
LECTURE 2
"Problem Statement, Research Objectives, Research Questions"
In the second week of DRM, we learn about how to come up with our own problem statement, research objectives, and research questions, Dr. Yip Jinchi also showed us some example about the topic that we learned that day and Dr. Yip Jinchi also remind us that we need to include those three statements into the proposal.





WEEK 3 (27/04/2020)
LECTURE 3
"Research Questions and Research objectives"
In this week of DRM, we learn about research questions and research objectives even further and we also learn about two types of approaches on a proposal which are the inductive approach and the inductive approach.





WEEK 4 (04/05/2020)
LECTURE 4
"Proposal Submission and Critical Review"
In the week of DRM, Dr. Hayati, and Dr. Jinchi briefed us about the second task that we're going to create which is the critical review.


INSTRUCTION.



FEEDBACKS.

WEEK 1:
The topic that I have given to Ms. Jinchi is not really clear according to the research problem. My first research problem was: The changes of a logo in the same brand for different times and the feedback that Ms. Jinchi has given me is that the topic that I'm presenting is not quite clear and I need to be more specific. The second research problem was: The relation between graphic design with social media. The feedback that I receive from Ms. Jinchi was also the same as the first one but for this one Ms. Jinchi ask me about what do I mean by the "relationship" because it was not clear and it doesn't show certainty on the topic. The last research problem was: The difference between graphic design in ancient times and graphic design in the present. Ms. Jinchi told me that for this certain research problem is that I need to be more detailed about the word ancient.time in the topic and it would be better if I also place a certain time into the research problem topic.

WEEK 2:
Ms. Jinchi said that my problem statement was not specific at all and I need to redo the problem statement and try to be more specific with the topic, Ms. Jinchi also said that my problem statement seems to be lack of research and I need to do more research.

WEEK 3:
I was absent in the third week of the design research methodology.

WEEK 4:




Final Proposal.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VISUAL SOUND PRODUCTION - PROJECT 2.

INTERCULTURAL DESIGN - PROJECT 1-2-and FINAL PROJECT.

INFORMATION DESIGN - EXERCISES AND PROJECTS.